Friday, June 6, 2008

deadlines and such

COMM 110 follows a calendar week, so starts Sunday morning (12:01 a.m. to be exact) and ends Saturday at midnight. That means you must complete all your Process Tasks and take the first quiz by midnight tomorrow.

As Acting Chair much of time in the summer is spent advising. Students new to communication studies often wonder how this discipline is different from others, such as psychology and sociology. Although communication scholars may focus on topics similar to scholars in other disciplines, the primary concern is always on messages, or more accurately, messaging. So Chapters 2 and 3 in your text clearly identify what communication scholars mean when they talk about messages and messaging. For example, a psychology researcher may ask, "How are people's cognitions affected by their moods?" A communication researcher may ask "How do people's cognitions influence how they interpret and produce messages?"

Just over 24 hours for you to complete the readings for this week (Chapters 1-3 and the first web lecture) and take the quiz. Nearly everyone has joined the listserv and set up their blogs. So we'll be blogging away next week!

--Professor Cyborg

1 comment:

foodie said...

Hi,
I'm having problems adding the blog roll and blogging myself. I wrote you earlier today because I want to make sure that you saw I did blog, but I'm not sure if you received the message or not. Would you please give me more specific instructions on how to add the blog roll and let me know if I am blogging so that others can see my posts? (When i click on my blog name, nothing comes up.) Thank you so much.

Linda