Sunday, May 18, 2008

COMM 110 3.0

Today I launched the website for COMM 110, Interpersonal Communication. In a way, I've taken the class back to its online roots. When I first taught COMM 110 online, I hosted the site on the Rogue Communication server space. Then I moved to using WebCT after the folks at eCampus strongly encouraged me to do so. But now that SJSU is using Blackboard CE 6 (aka Blackweb), I'm moving all my online classes to the open internet again (with the exception of quizzes and student grades). There are so many negatives associated with Blackboard CE 6 (that I go into detail about in my COMM 144 blog), I can't in good conscience inflict it on my students.


Still much to do for the 110 class, but I wanted to get the site up and running so students can start browing through it. My primary task now is developing the quizzes. I'm using a new edition of the text. There are quite a few updates, so like the online presence for the class, the quizzes are undergoing a complete overhaul.


I'll keep you posted on my progress as I work on COMM 110 3.0.


--Professor Cyborg

No comments: